Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Bit of Housekeeping & Request for Help


We've been talking about how we might like to change this site or revamp it a bit but we need your help.

We've been at this for a few months, but in order for this site to fulfill any type of purpose, it needs to be a sharing and blending of ideas - so that we can encourage one another to seek out ways to offer hospitality to others. We've created a little poll and would sincerely ask that you take a moment to vote in it.

Multiple answers are allowed and if you would, please elaborate on anything in the comment section.


What would you enjoying seeing (or seeing more of) on Offering Hospitality?
Book Reviews/studies
Q & A opportunties
Guest posts
Recipes
Tips from Around the Web
More posts during the week
Fewer posts during the week
Other (please specify in the comment section)
Free polls from Pollhost.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE - We are looking to add a new staff writer to Offering Hospitality. If you would be interested in being a regular contributing member of this site, please e-mail us at offeringhospitality (at) gmail (dot) com

If you are interested, we'd love to know:

1. What is prompting your interest;
2. What do you feel passionate about when it comes to offering hospitality to others; and
3. Please provide us with your blog address.

OR - If you are interested in providing a guest post during the summer months, to talk about something related to the subject of hospitality that is near and dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you!

Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you to know how we can make this site, er, more hospitable for YOU!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for selecting our book for your book review. I greatly enjoyed reading the posts and pray that you will use the content of this Blog along with PRACTICING HOSPITALITY to respond to the biblical instruction to love friends and strangers. Blessings on your lives and be sure to visit my blog, Unfading Beauty.

    Warmly in Him,
    Pat Ennis :-)

    P.S. Be sure to come for a visit, Carrie, if you are in the area. I greatly enjoy knowing and worshipping with Paul, Kristin, and their precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would enjoy all and any aspects of the items listed above (though I didn't include them ALL in my vote.) My thought is that the writers love of whatever they are writing about will shine through their content and bless the readers!

    I'd be happy to do a guest post at the end of July or August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the practical tips and suggestions (i.e., some of Monica's posts of real life hospitality). Hearing another mom's suggestion (to me) makes something a little more credible and do-able. : ) I don't know that I necessarily need any more posts through the week either, especially if the ones that are posted continue to be as good as they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the comment Carrie, I couldn't hope for anything more at this point either. For now I'll just keep faith and hope for the best :). At least for now I've got plenty of time to blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your book review/study and would like to see more of it. I think your number of posts per week is just right -- not too many, not too few. I also enjoyed the guest post from Carrie's mom (just commented on that one). Unfortunately, I don't have time to comment on blogs as much as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you words of affirmation?! Me, too. =)

    I really enjoy this blog. I did not, however, vote for a sudden increase in posts. Honestly, with blogs like this one that have more in-depth content (as opposed to deals or light family updates), I prefer only a couple posts a week so I can process/apply the material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. =D I'm actually a "time" person. I need to know that I'm spending quality time -- wherever! So, without comments I don't know if I'm hitting the mark or missing it completely. Hence, things like this are helpful so the thoughts are shared and I know I'm using my time wisely!

    So, thanks, *Carrie* for your comment! ;D

    Carrie of OH =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. as Stephanie mentioned, I too love reading about real life hospitality applications from fellow readers.
    I love the idea of having a weekly challenge and then perhaps follow up posts on what that looked like for several different readers...
    Tips, recipes, lots of photos....

    Great blog!!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete