Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recipe Swap: Potluck Foods

Ahh...Fall is almost here! I may be the only one, but I am so ready for Fall this year. I am looking forward to what God has in store for us this school year. I love the cooler stormy weather, cuddling up with a good book, a yummy smelling candle, cozy blanket and a hot cup of coffee or cocoa. With the upcoming cooler weather we are moving our entertaining indoors and looking to share our favorite potluck recipes.


My church does a fun fellowship opportunity called Supper Clubs. Those who sign up are put in groups and once a month your group meets in each persons home for a potluck dinner. It's been a few years since our church has done this and I am excited for it's return. Does your church/family/community do something similar?

Link up your favorite potluck recipes and share!

This is my favorite thing to bring to potluck dinners. They are easy to make and everyone enjoys them. Drizzle with a bit of honey to make them extra sweet!

Sweet Corn Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Corn Meal
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 Lg eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp butter, melted




PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm.

When I make these at home I use my cornbread skillet (pictured above), which gives a larger portion. They could even be done in a mini muffin pan or the recipe could be doubled, tripled, etc to get more servings out of each batch.
Corn Muffins Two Ways...Yumm!!!


Still want more ideas? Check out this cookbook with lots of ideas on dishes to serve a crowd.



Hospitality

8 comments:

  1. The corn muffins look good! I'll have to try them soon.

    My recipe is Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes. It is so simple to make and so delicious! You can easily adjust the recipe up or down depending on your needs, too. :)

    http://www.simplecatholicliving.com/uncategorized/sausage-pepers-potatoes-recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins do look good! I don't make corn muffins as often as I should. :)

    My recipe is a Bacon-Brown Sugar Coffee Cake. It sounds like an unusual flavor combination, but it's delicious!

    http://www.frugalcreativity.com/2010/08/bacon-brown-sugar-coffee-cake-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!

    So truly, my go to is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie I shared before.
    http://livelearnlove226.blogspot.com/2010/04/chocolate-chip-cookie-pie-and-no-roll.html

    Another, unique and delicious dish is chicken spiedies http://livelearnlove226.blogspot.com/2010/07/spiedie-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me hungry! I don't have a post up, but one meal that I think is super easy for potlucks is enhiladas. A pan or two is easy to throw together and relatively easy to keep warm if covered with foil.

    I'm on the lookout for more crockpot recipes though as they seem to work well at potlucks! Anyone have any good ones to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, Rival has a lot of great crockpot recipes on their site. Also, there is a blog can't remember the name where the lady used her crockpot everyday for a year and shared lots of great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love potlucks. Food and fellowship are such a great combination! :-)

    My recipe is a pasta salad...
    http://wholesomewomanhood.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/potlucks/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dish is what I call a one-dish-wonder because it has meat, veggies, starch and dairy in it and I don't have to cook a ton. It's simple and delicious! You can try different variations like adding a can of Rotel for some zing and mixing the cheese into the cornbread mixture instead of sprinkling cheese on top and so forth.

    http://www.parents.com/recipe/beef/taco-skillet-pie/

    ReplyDelete