We really appreciate those who took the time to give us a little input on what they found helpful (or not so much!) during 2010 here at Offering Hospitality.
One main reason that I, Carrie, specifically ask for input is that our time in writing up post is very valuable. It does take a lot of thought and planning to put this together and I really don't want to spend time with "fluff and nonsense" so to speak. If what we're providing here at Offering Hospitality isn't Biblical, helpful, encouraging or truthful, then we shouldn't be writing at all.
With that said, we're going to change up a bit here. Here are a few things you might notice when you look at the tabs up above:
1. We no longer have "staff writers" here. I'll set and schedule posts, but the staff shifts based on life changes and personal responsibilities so instead of regular writers we'll have frequent contributors.
2. We plan to use more guest posts, gleaning from a wider variety of people, hoping to find well thought-out, encouraging posts to help you exercise your hospitality muscles!
3. We will not be posting on any kind of regular schedule. Honestly, it makes us feel a bit pressured to come up with posts every M/W/F. Instead of sticking to specific days or numbers of postings, we'll post when we have something that we feel is worthwhile to share. You will see posts going up, but I don't think they will be as predictable as to schedule. When inspiration hits, you may see more frequent posts than otherwise. Again, the goal here is to provide quality over quantity. We don't want to waste your time either.
4. We have decided not to continue with the Recipe Swaps. They do not seem as helpful as we thought they might be, and we'd rather use our time more wisely.
5. One thing we would LOVE to do is have more Q&A posts. Do you have a question re: a particular area of hospitality? Please leave a comment OR send us an e-mail and we will "poll the contributors" to see how they would answer your question. The Q&A posts that we've done so far have prompted us to think harder about how we approach offering hospitality to others and that has been a good thing! We would love to do more. So come up with some questions and feel free to e-mail them to us at: offeringhospitality (at) gmail (dot) com
There are some wonderful and very helpful posts that we are excited to share with you in the near future so we hope you will stay tuned for those. In the meantime, here's our little "New Year update" and we look forward to learning and growing in the area of hospitality ourselves - and encouraging you along the way!