Here is a fun project I've been putting together just in time for Valentines Day. I am calling them "Love Boxes". It's just a fun, easy, customizable project for anyone to do. You could even do a similar box in any theme you can think of for other holidays and celebrations.
First find a box to use. I really wanted to have a heart box, since mine is for Valentines and this turned out to be really tricky! I checked all the stores I regularly shop at and couldn't find a single one. Finally I found mine for 99 cents at Goodwill!
Next think of what yummy treats and goodies you can fill your box with.
Mine is filled with a baggy full of conversation hearts, homemade pretzel wands, a foam heart garland, pencils, this old fashioned garland, a free printable card, and the awesome heart shaped pot holders (available here) that I sewed.
Lastly, to make this more of an inspirational gift rather than just a box of stuff, I attached little verses and hymns typed out in pretty fonts (not pictured) that are about God's love for us. Also, inside the card I wrote in Phil 1:3; I thank God every time I remember you and a little note for the recipient.
I used the following verses/hymns with these items:
- Attached to pencils: "To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry" Love of God Hymn
- Attached to potholders: "Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength" Duet. 6:5
- Attached to foam heart garland: "God demonstrates His own love for us, that while we were still sinners Christ died for us" Rom 5:8
- Attached to old fashioned garland: "that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love" Eph 3:17
- Attached to pretzels: Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. Eph. 6:24
I hope this quick overview is inspirational to you!