Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Box: A Valentine's Day Idea

from Crystal



Here is a fun project I've been putting together just in time for Valentines Day. I am calling them "Love Boxes". It's just a fun, easy, customizable project for anyone to do. You could even do a similar box in any theme you can think of for other holidays and celebrations.



First find a box to use. I really wanted to have a heart box, since mine is for Valentines and this turned out to be really tricky! I checked all the stores I regularly shop at and couldn't find a single one. Finally I found mine for 99 cents at Goodwill!

Next think of what yummy treats and goodies you can fill your box with.
Mine is filled with a baggy full of conversation hearts, homemade pretzel wands, a foam heart garland, pencils, this old fashioned garland, a free printable card, and the awesome heart shaped pot holders (available here) that I sewed.

Lastly, to make this more of an inspirational gift rather than just a box of stuff, I attached little verses and hymns typed out in pretty fonts (not pictured) that are about God's love for us. Also, inside the card I wrote in Phil 1:3; I thank God every time I remember you and a little note for the recipient.

I used the following verses/hymns with these items:

  • Attached to pencils: "To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry" Love of God Hymn
  • Attached to potholders: "Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength" Duet. 6:5
  • Attached to foam heart garland: "God demonstrates His own love for us, that while we were still sinners Christ died for us" Rom 5:8
  • Attached to old fashioned garland: "that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love" Eph 3:17
  • Attached to pretzels: Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. Eph. 6:24

I hope this quick overview is inspirational to you!

6 comments:

  1. Carrie, thank you very much. I was wondering about something to do for some friends and I love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Ladies! Not sure where my links are...
    Pot holders are here:
    http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/heart-shaped-pot-holders?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/valentines-day-decor
    Ecard here:
    http://thecraftingchicks.com/2011/01/valentines-day-digital-goodness.html
    old fashioned garland here:
    http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/01/crafty-project-old-fashioned-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY total bad. Sorry about that Crystal!!! I fixed the post and put the links in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute idea, Crystal. I can see using this for different themes for a hostess gift, new neighbors, or friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun idea! Thanks! Definitely lots of uses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie you are so right! The Farm Chicks have a similar pot holder pattern in their book (maybe on their blog too) thats just a circle and could be paired with similar treats for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete