Monday, March 7, 2011

SPRING Party

from Crystal

Looking for fun ideas for an upcoming Spring Party or St. Patrick's Day celebration? Here are a few ideas I've found around the WWW. (These could even be used as part of a Noah's Ark shower!)



Martha Stewart has probably the most famous Rainbow Food Cake. (Linked to recipe.)



I've made this cupcake version which I found in the FamilyFun magazine.



Pioneer Woman has these gluten-free pancakes on her Tasty Kitchen Blog.



A classic treat, popcorn gets a rainbow touch thanks to Jell-O.



On a less sugary note - Rainbow Pasta Salad!



Giggleberry Creations has these yummy fruit kabobs, as well as other rainbow foods on their blog. (You really should check out their entire post in which the fruit kabobs are listed for lots of ideas for rainbow fun!)

Have fun planning ways to celebrate the upcoming season and holiday with your family!

Do you have ideas to share with us? Please leave them in the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could eat that cupcake or those pancakes -- something about them is unappetizing to me. But I love the kabobs and the rainbow cake! (Maybe I just like distinct colors in foods!) I did write about a simpler version of a Rainbow Cake Jesse made some years ago here:
    http://barbarah.wordpress.com/2007/05/19/saturday-photo-scavenger-hunt-cookedcooking/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're planning on doing the rainbow pasta and fruit kabobs after reading your ideas and suggestions here! I think it'll be a bit hit and I'm looking forward to it! Making all kinds of plans now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to make a rainbow cake! But I'm waiting for the right opportunity - I think I want to serve it to someone who isn't expecting it when they cut into the cake. Plus it looks really difficult, but I still want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these rainbow ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so cool!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete